Musk claims ‘massive cyber attack against X’ after day of outages

‘We get attacked every day, but this was done with a lot of resources,’ posted Musk.

Max McLean
Monday 10 March 2025 14:29 EDT
Elon Musk said X had been the victim of a ‘massive cyberattack’ (Kirsty Wigglesworth/PA)
Elon Musk said X had been the victim of a ‘massive cyberattack’ (Kirsty Wigglesworth/PA) (PA Archive)

Elon Musk said his social media site X has been the victim of a “massive cyber attack” after a day plagued with outages.

Tens of thousands of users reported outages, according to the tracking website Downdetector.com.

Musk, who bought the site, then known as Twitter, in late 2022, posted on Monday: “There was (still is) a massive cyber attack against X.

“We get attacked every day, but this was done with a lot of resources.

“Either a large, coordinated group and/or a country is involved.”

One user replied: “They want to silence you and this platform”, to which Musk replied “Yes”.

Thank you for registering

Please refresh the page or navigate to another page on the site to be automatically logged inPlease refresh your browser to be logged in